Business Finland generates growth and wellbeing by helping Finnish companies to grow faster, go global and develop new innovations. Its top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories. Business Finland creates dynamic innovation environments that attract international companies, experts, know-how and investments to Finland and promotes travel to Finland. Business Finland employs more than 600 experts in over 40 offices overseas and 16 regional offices around Finland. Business Finland is part of the Team Finland network. Read more about Business Finland here: www.businessfinland.com. Business Finland is now looking for two full time, fixed-term (9 months) Ecosystems -trainees with a hands-on attitude and proactive mindset. As a Ecosystems -trainee you will be a part of the Business Finland’s Ecosystems Digital unit and you will have an opportunity to learn more about these unique ecosystems that are combining different companies in the same field to thrive in their businesses. Please notice that the orientation and the work take place at the office so due to corona the starting date will be announced later on, according to the Finnish government guidelines. Recruitment decisions will be made still in May.
Your role:You will get an opportunity to work in a fast-moving and truly global organization, offering you a unique view into international markets and business environments. When working in Business Finland, you will meet colleagues and partners from all over the world from many different industries, companies and organizations, and you will have an opportunity to influence in the core of innovations and international cooperation.
In this position, your job tasks include:
- Assisting with the Ecosystems Digital Team’s meetings, including gathering materials, preparing and attending inbound meetings, and coordinating further measures
- Coordinating and being responsible of small projects such as organizing webinars, planning marketing campaigns and writing newsletters and emails
- Data processing and handling business listings such as researching market opportunities and reference cases
What we expect from you:
- Relevant educational background from university or university of applied sciences (IT, business or other relevant education)
- Work experience in office or administrative work (e.g. marketing, coordinating, data handling)
- Capability to thrive under pressure, handle tight schedules well and have good organization skills altogether
- Interest in artificial intelligence, platform economy and information security
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team: you are socially at ease in a multicultural environment
- Fluent communication skills in English and in Finnish and good skills in the Office 365 -environment especially in Excel
- Previous experience in international business or exchange studies is considered as an advantage
This is what we offer:Business Finland provides an overview of the business environment in Finland, and the entire world. Together we help Finnish companies go international and enhance the attractiveness of the Finnish competitive environment. Our actions have a significant impact on the future of Finland. Being a part of our international and multicultural work environment, you will learn about a great variety of industries.
More information about the recruitment process:Looking for a kick start to your career? Please submit your application letter and CV by the latest 3rd of May here: https://apply.atalent.fi/business-finland-ecosystems-trainee-4-2020! Please note that this is a trainee position and salary is proportional to the level of job requirements. In this position, you will be employed directly to Business Finland. As a part of the recruitment process, we will be carrying out a security clearance check on a successful candidate with his/her consent in accordance with the Security Clearance Act 726/2014 of Finland. For more information on the security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit: https://www.supo.fi/security_clearances. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Business Unit Director Mia Paatsalo (050 4680 610, mia.paatsalo[at]atalent.fi) in the following times: Friday 24.4 at 10-11, Monday 27.4 at 8-9, Wednesday 29.4 at 15-16 or Thursday 30.4 at 9-10. Timetable for this recruitment process:
- Wednesday 22.4: Application period starts
- Sunday 3.5: Application period ends
- Monday 4.5-Thursday 7.5: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
- Monday 11.5- 15.5: Personal interviews with Business Finland
- Tuesday 19.5-29.5: Security clearance check
- Starting date will be updated as soon as possible