Global Network -trainee – Business Finland, DL: 3.5.
Business Finland generates growth and wellbeing by helping Finnish companies to grow faster, go global and develop new innovations. Its top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories. Business Finland creates dynamic innovation environments that attract international companies, experts, know-how and investments to Finland and promotes travel to Finland. Business Finland employs more than 600 experts in over 40 offices overseas and 16 regional offices around Finland. Business Finland is part of the Team Finland network. Read more about Business Finland here: www.businessfinland.com.
Business Finland is now looking for a full time, fixed-term (7 months) Global Network -trainee with an international and brave mindset. Working in Business Finland’s Global Network team offers you an excellent chance to start your career and work closely with dynamic Finnish export markets.
You will get an opportunity to work in a fast-moving and truly global organization, offering you a unique view into international markets and business environments. When working in Business Finland, you will meet colleagues and partners from all over the world from many different industries, companies and organizations, and you will have an opportunity to influence in the core of innovations and international cooperation.
In this position, your job tasks include:
- Assisting with the Global Network´s Management Teams’ meetings, including gathering materials, preparing and attending meetings, and coordinating further measures
- Coordinating and being responsible of small projects such as internal communications and preparing the newsletters
- Internal communication and assisting the Global Network Director and Regional Directors all over the world
What we expect from you:
You are a persistent person who thinks big, gets excited, and shows passion. You reason and communicate your views comprehensively. You are a self-guided person, who helps, listens to, appreciates and inspires others and who knows when to thank and give constructive feedback to them. For you, outstanding networking skills mean being a bridge builder: the ability to achieve trust, listen and understand others, and build lasting relations. You proactively share information with colleagues near and far. You thrive on challenges and are not afraid of tackling problems, ranging from tactical to very hands-on issues.
- Relevant educational background from university or university of applied sciences
- Experience in organizational communication and organizing meetings
- Capability to thrive under pressure, handle tight schedules well and have good organization skills altogether
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team: you are socially at ease in a multicultural environment
- Fluent communication skills in English and in Finnish and good skills in the Office 365 -environment
- Previous experience in international business or exchange studies is considered an advantage
This is what we offer:
Business Finland provides an overview of the business environment in Finland, and the entire world. Together we help Finnish companies go international and enhance the attractiveness of the Finnish competitive environment. Our actions have a significant impact on the future of Finland. Being a part of our international and multicultural work environment, you will learn about a great variety of industries.
More information about the recruitment process:
Looking for a kick start to your career? Please submit your application letter and CV by the latest 3rd of May here: https://apply.atalent.fi/business-finland-global-network-trainee-4-2020! Please note that this is a trainee position and salary is proportional to the level of job requirements. In this position, you will be employed directly to Business Finland.
As a part of the recruitment process, we will be carrying out a security clearance check on a successful candidate with his/her consent in accordance with the Security Clearance Act 726/2014 of Finland. For more information on the security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit: https://www.supo.fi/security_clearances.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Business Unit Director Mia Paatsalo (050 4680 610, mia.paatsalo[at]atalent.fi) in the following times: Friday 24.4 at 10-11, Monday 27.4 at 8-9, Wednesday 29.4 at 15-16 or Thursday 30.4 at 9-10.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
- Wednesday 22.4: Application period starts
- Sunday 3.5: Application period ends
- Monday 4.5-Thursday 7.5: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
- Monday 11.5- 15.5: Personal interviews with Business Finland
- Tuesday 19.5-29.5: Security clearance check
- Monday 1.6: Starting date