Investment Analyst Trainee, Direct Investments – Tesi, DL: 1.3.
Tesi is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of renewing economic growth by investing in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 1.3 billion euros and an underlying portfolio of 700 companies.
Ambition for ownership and success www.tesi.fi | www.dtg.tesi.fi | @TesiFII
Tesi is now looking for a full-time, fixed-term (4−5 months) Investment Analyst trainee with an analytical mindset. You will work with both of our direct investment teams investing in tech-driven startups and internationally expanding growth companies. Please visit our website for more information about our Venture Capital and Growth & Industrial Investments teams.
Your work tasks will include market research (e.g. data collection and analysis), deal sourcing and financial modelling (e.g. valuation). You will prepare meeting materials and presentations for decision-making together with team members. You will meet our potential and current portfolio companies.
Read more about our trainee programme: Trainee Programme is a source of inspiration and social benefit.
Spirit & Guts
With us you will operate responsibly while aiming for a beneficial social impact, profitable investments and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous development work over the long term. Tesi is an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity empowers our people and our business as well.
- Relevant university studies for example in business, engineering or similar fields
- Analytical and business-oriented mindset with hands-on attitude
- Interest in the Finnish economy and private equity
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
- We also consider as an asset if you have previous experience from relevant positions (e.g. startups, business development, strategic consulting or investment banking)
We offer you
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records by latest 1st of March here: https://apply.atalent.fi/tesi-investment-analyst-trainee-direct-investments-2-2020. In this position you will be employed by Tesi directly.
For more information about the position, please contact Tesi’s Investment Analyst Jan-Patrick Haikkola (040 9644527) on Wednesday 19.2. at 15:00-16:00. For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Laura Seppä (040 557 93 89, laura.seppa[at]atalent.fi) on Monday 24.2. at 15.30-16.30 or Thursday 27.2. at 10.00-11.30.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
- Excellent opportunity to learn about the venture capital and private equity industry
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity companies and consultancies
- Supportive and professional colleagues to boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas
- Monday 17.2.: Application period starts
- Sunday 1.3.: Application period ends
- Week 10: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
- March 2020: Personal interviews with Tesi
- March 2020: Decisions and employment contract
- September 2020: Start date