Are you interested in a unique opportunity to start your career within Transaction Advisory Services? Then you should join our successful Nordic Transactions team at EY in Helsinki. Our Transactions Analysts have a broad expertise across many different industries and clients and our business is rapidly growing. We are now looking for ambitious graduates or soon-to-be graduates to join our team.
As an Analyst within the Transaction Diligence team, you'll work in an international environment and participate in the financial appraisal and due diligence of transactions involving clients who are the leading Nordic international corporates and private equity houses. You will also liaise closely with major investment banks, strategy houses and law firms as part of a wider team of advisors to create value for our clients. At the core of the role is your interest and ability to analyse the financial and operational results of target companies. This is achieved by e.g. reviewing financial statements and accounting records as well as participating in interactions with target management in order to provide input for our client’s decision making and valuation case in a given transaction.
Your key responsibilities
You'll work effectively as a team member, demonstrating your commitment to high quality analysis, sharing responsibilities, providing support, maintaining communications and updating senior team members on progress. You will, at an early stage, have the opportunity to interact with international as well as local clients and other advisors, which requires that you are comfortable taking responsibility and initiative.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Genuine interest in the transactions space as well as accounting and finance
- Analytical mindset and social intelligence in order to work in a multicultural and fast paced environment
- Innovative working methods, ambition for challenges and ability to adapt to changes
- Enthusiasm towards applying analytical tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI) in your daily work
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Suitable academic degree (Bachelors or master’s decree) in the field of Accounting, or Finance/ Economics/other relevant education
- Fluency in Finnish, both written and oral
- Relevant previous work experience from e.g. business controlling, financial management or corporate finance positions
- Basic understanding of the International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS)
What we look for
On top of the technical know-how points listed above, we are looking for a person who is flexible, committed to the common goals of the team and ambitious to constantly learn new skills and develop oneself. We also expect the person to have a mindset and interest of approaching challenges head on through analytical appraisal of numbers and facts to provide unique insights to business issues.
What working at EY offers
As a TD Analyst you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. You will join a dynamic team of experienced and talented colleagues, and you become part of an ambitious team where quality, development and sustainable solutions are in focus. We offer you:
- Meaningful work where you have the chance to see and affect the Finnish and Global business scene
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- The modern facilities in the heart of Helsinki
Appreciation of diversity and inclusiveness is the cornerstone of the global corporate culture at EY. According to many surveys diverse teams promote ingenuity and varied ideas in problem-solving. Our diverse corporate culture treats our employees fairly and with equality which helps our multinational teams to work on their highest level. By working according to these principles, we make sure that diversity is embraced and individuals from any background can reach their highest potential and career opportunities from day one. Through listening and appreciating everyone’s opinions we attract and retain the best people in our field which ensures that we are able to offer the best possible solutions for our customers.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. We are quite flexible with the actual start date depending on your preferences.
To apply, please submit your cover letter written in English and your resume by 8.3.2020 on our career’s website.
For additional information, please contact Joonas Juvonen (+358505315482) on the 20.2.2020 15:00-17:00, 25.2.2020 9:00-11:00 or 4.3.2020 16:00-18:00 or Kaisa Anttila (+358405761741) on the 21.2.2020 13:30-15:30, 27.2.2020 10:00-12:00 or 5.3.2020 13:30-15:30.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Make your mark.