Sampo plc is looking for a Treasury Specialist to join the Group Treasury and take responsibility for diverse treasury and compliance tasks.
As a Treasury Specialist your job consists of compliance activities such as managing the Sampo plc’s KYC and AML queries, flagging, and other regulatory-related assignments. In terms of treasury, you will assist the Group Treasurer in administrative tasks, such as data management in the Wall Street Suite treasury system as well as reporting and document handling. You will act as the main user of Sampo plc’s online banking systems and as a contact person to If P&C insurance, where some of the treasury back office functions are outsourced. In this new role, you are able to grow professionally and take more responsibility as you get acquainted with the Group Treasury function and various regulatory frameworks.
As this is a new role and the Group Treasury function is evolving, this could be an ideal opportunity for a business-minded graduate with some working experience from similar kinds of tasks or a more experienced specialist. Regardless of your previous working experience, you are expected to have strong communication skills and a systematic and proactive working style, and tolerate a certain level of ambiguity. For the more experienced specialist there is also an opportunity to develop incomplete procedures, establish new operations and create best practices and guidelines for day-to-day tasks together with the team.
This fulltime and permanent position is new and wished to be started by January 2024. You will work at Sampo plc’s office in central Helsinki with an opportunity to work remotely 1-2 days/week.
You are expected to have:
- University degree, such as B.Sc/M.Sc in financial management or other relevant field
- Previous work experience in a similar position within the financial sector, e.g. in back office or corporate treasury
- Good problem solving skills and high level of accuracy to detail
- Solid MS Office skills and capacity to learn new procedures and systems
- Full working proficiency in Finnish and English with ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders in the Nordics and UK
Sampo offers you:
- Opportunity to work in a versatile role in one of the most valuable companies listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
- Attractive benefits package, including for example lunch, sports and commuting benefits, extended occupational health care and health insurance, profit sharing program and employee fund
- Support in your professional growth and opportunity to expand your areas of responsibility
- Office location in the heart of Helsinki with your own desk and top-tier office supplies
Could this be your next challenge? Please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF-format by the latest 26 of November 2023 via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
In this position, you will be employed directly to Sampo plc, see more https://www.sampo.com/. For more information about the position and recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Kati Hautakoski (+358 50 552 0419, kati.hautakoski(at)atalent.fi).
Sampo Group is the leading P&C insurer in the Nordic region, and the only insurer to offer services across all Nordic countries, customer segments and products. The Group is also a major operator in the growing digital P&C insurance market in the UK. The Group’s insurance brands are If, Topdanmark, and Hastings.
The Group has over 7 million customers and its annual gross written premiums total over EUR 8 billion. The Group employs 13,000 people in Nordic countries, UK and the Baltics. Sampo is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki and Nasdaq Stockholm.