Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse and challenging world of Initial Public Offerings and other exciting capital market transactions, mergers & acquisitions coupled with challenging financial reporting engagements? We are looking for Trainees to join our Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services team.
Job Description & Summary
We help our clients with the complex transformation projects, such as IPOs, major acquisitions and divestments and transition to IFRS. We advise our clients to understand the impact of the transaction to their accounting and reporting process and IFRS financial statements. We also advise in financial reporting related regulatory requirements like prospectus and disclosure obligations including pro forma and carve-out advice.
Each project provides the opportunity to build your personal networks and work with the leading accounting advisory and capital markets professionals.
As a Trainee in our CMAAS team your impact will be seen by:
- Supporting in the complex transactional projects (e.g. IPOs, due diligence support, Spin offs & carve out financial statements and purchase price allocations)
- Supporting in other advisory projects on IFRS changes and accounting improvements (including financial reporting, process improvements, support on developing financial accounting reporting manuals, procedures, training and other knowledge transfer support)
- Supporting our clients and colleagues in the application and interpretation of IFRS and applicable regulation
- Supporting in project proposals and business development initiatives
You will be expected to assume responsibility for your own work with a clear ambition of providing excellent client service and delivering high quality and timely outputs. You work as part of a wider team of professionals and you will get the opportunity to develop your professional skills and grow as a consultant.
We expect you to have
- Solid academic background with B.Sc. in accounting and/or finance
- Strong MS Excel and data analytics skills
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English
- Excellent team working skills and uncompromised commitment to deliver with quality
- Interest on IFRS
- Relevant experience from the accounting or reporting (e.g. audit, bookkeeping, financial controlling and/or reporting) is seen as a benefit
In addition, we hope you are an analytical thinker who is comfortable with solving problems in a structured way. We value experience from any advisor or financial reporting roles but it is not a must as you can grow in our team. We are looking for team players with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
We offer you an opportunity to work in the field of capital markets and accounting consulting with the most interesting and highest-profile transactions and clients. You will have an opportunity to learn and develop in various areas of accounting and reporting where you will be supported by a team of experts with diverse and international backgrounds. In addition to growing professionally through involvement in client engagements, we also support your continuous learning and education through participation in tailored training programs. We emphasize well-being at work and offer broad occupational healthcare services and different recreational activities.
You will also have an opportunity to work as part of our wider Deals teams comprising expertise in the areas of corporate finance, transaction services, internal controls or structuring.
We are known for our willingness to run the extra mile as a trusted advisor and if you see yourself fitting this picture, you might be the person we are looking for!
Please submit your application as soon as possible but latest by 24.5. Please note that we will go through the applications during the application period. If you have any questions, please call Rasmus Alopaeus, +358 (0)40 848 6772.